The 2024 scholarship application for the Captain Phaneuf Memorial Foundation is open!
The file is attached at the top of this page and is available for downloading.
Captain Phaneuf was a gifted military aviator and a consummate instructor who was dedicated to educating and inspiring everyone he met. The focus of his Air Force career and his life was helping others, and this memorial fund set up in his name is a continuation of his incredible legacy.
Two scholarship types are offered this year: the ACADEMIC SCHOLARSHIP and the AVIATION SCHOLARSHIP. Each scholarship award is in the amount of $2,500.
Both scholarship types target graduating New Hampshire high school seniors involved in Junior Reserve Officer Training Corps (JROTC), Civil Air Patrol (CAP), or other affiliated programs that demonstrate the applicant's desire to serve in the military. Applications may be emailed to President@CaptPhaneuf.org, mailed or hand delivered to 33 Adelaide St in Hudson, New Hampshire 03051 by April 5th, 2024, and winners will be announced by April 30th!
The academic scholarship will be awarded to a college-bound student who will be enrolled in a Reserve Officer Training Corps (ROTC) program to help offset the costs associated with higher education.
The future aviator scholarship will be awarded to a college-bound student who will be enrolled in a Reserve Officer Training Corps (ROTC) program participating in a flight school to defray the costs associated with obtaining aviation certificates.
1. Applicant must be enrolled and active in a New Hampshire JROTC program, Civil Air Patrol, or other in-state military-affiliated organization that demonstrates their desire to pursue a military career;
2. Applicants must not be related to any Capt. Phaneuf Memorial Fund Board of Directors or Executives;
3. Applicant should demonstrate excellence in academics, and have at least a 3.0 grade point average (Desired);
4. Applicant should be involved in extracurricular activities including clubs and/or organizations and/or sports (Desired);
5. Applicant should demonstrate community involvement and/or community service (Desired);
6. College-Bound Applicants Only: Applicant must be a NH graduating high school student in the year of the award and provide acceptance documentation to attend an institute of higher learning for the Fall 2024 semester;
7. Future Aviator Applicants Only: Applicant must have at least one (1) instructional flight hour with a certified private pilot training program.